Saturday, July 7, 2012

Second scrapbooking challenge



 
I spent a rare free weekend -- well, Saturday -- in my craft room, working on the newest sketch challenge for Creative Scrappers. It looked like the perfect layout for a page on my stepdaughter's college graduation. She received her associate's degree from a Dallas-area community college back in May -- before she had even attended her senior prom! A program at her high school allowed her work on an associate's degree and high school diploma at the same time. I've been so jealous!

The gold and white cardstock came from Paper Temptress. I cut the navy shapes (you can sort of see them in the photo to the right) using my Cricut. The blue glitter border I created using Scor-Pal tape and, well, blue glitter. If you haven't noticed, I love sparkly things :)

The gold flowers came from Hobby Lobby. I painted some Petaloo Color Me Crazy flowers blue. I had the most fun making the stars, though. I mixed some gold mica powder with a clear acrylic glaze by Luminarte. Then I just painted the chipboard shape.

These pictures don't do the page justice, though. I guess I haven't gotten the hang of taking pictures with my iPhone.

As always, I appreciate your stopping by. Thanks for any comments (especially if you have advice about iPhone cameras).

No comments:

Post a Comment