Thursday, June 28, 2012

Scrapbooking challenge

I've taken a bit of a break from making cards -- I've been struggling to get my creative mojo running. Instead, I've been busy scrapping. I have tons of pictures that need to find their way onto a layout, and I'm adding to the pile all the time.

I'm taking a step out of my comfort zone and joining in a sketch challenge at Creative Scrappers (I've included the sketch below). I love all the girly elements of this layout. So I decided to use my stepdaughters' prom photos on this layout. The white cardstock base came from Paper Temptress. The blue and cream metallics probably came from a metallic pack.

I made the turquoise glitter paper myself, using double-sided adhesive sheets, cardstock, lace and two shades of glitter (turquoise and white). I love how this technique makes a girly dp.

The white flowers and curlicues came from Hobby Lobby, I believe. I know the flowers did. I wish you could see the sparkle in the photos. I'm still learning how to take pictures with my iPhone. Finally, the ribbon came from Really Reasonable Ribbon's June club kit.

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate any comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment