Sunday, July 22, 2012

A little late...


I have had this layout finished for a few days now, but I am just now taking the time to share it. I needed a break from studying for an exam. It's Monday night, so wish me luck :)

Once again, I am participating in a sketch challenge with Creative Scrappers. I thought this layout would be perfect for some of my photos of my eldest stepdaughter dancing. I didn't get the great photos I was hoping for, and so I knew I would need to keep the images small.

Let's see: The black base cardstock came from Paper Temptress. I don't know where I found the shimmery white. The blue glitter cardstock that I used to emulate ribbons came from Michael's (I think -- don't quote me on that). I cut two strips of the cardstock, then cut one of those strips in two. Yes, one of the strips is thinner than the other. That was intentional. I then cut a little triangle out of the bottom of the three pieces. I'm going to have to remember that trick -- it works well when you don't like your ribbon choices.

The flowers came from Petaloo. I debated spraying them with some Tattered Angels mist, but ultimately decided I wasn't sure how that would turn out.

The butterflies are from Maya Road, and I painted them with a dark blue Silks acrylic glaze from Luminarte. If you love paint and/or shimmer, I recommend you try out Silks. 
Finally, I used Thickers from American Crafts for the title. I wanted a fairly short title, so, yes, I went with the Lady Gaga song. I apologize if I got it stuck in your head. It could be worse: The title could be "Call Me, Maybe." :)

I am pleased with how my pictures turned out -- some things are actually in focus! I applaud those who are able to use an iPhone to create a great work of art. I don't think I will ever be one of them. Give me my DSLR any day.

That's it for this week. As always, your comments are appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment